Tuesday 9 June 2015

A Lonely Day


My humans both had to go to Kirkwall today and as the wind was blowing into my living room they couldn't leave the window open for me so I just had to take to my little bed and have a long snooze till they came back.

They weren't away too long and it gave me a chance to have a good rest. As soon as I heard the door opening I ran to greet them and my MH lifted me up and gave me a great big cuddle. She has lots of cuddles all different sizes----some little ones 'cos she just feels like it, some bigger ones for when I have been out a long time, some for when they have been away on the boat---those are nearly the biggest, but the VERY biggest is if I do something which makes her worried and that doesn't happen very often. Just the one time I got locked in the big shed for hours and hours. She told me she was so worried she was crying for me, and the cuddle I got that night was the ginormestest one I have ever had! Even though I was covered in muck and oil it didn't matter. She cuddled me so tight I thought I might burst---but I didn't!


So, once I had finished with the cuddles, I asked if I could have something to eat please and I got that and then I asked to go outside and I made my MH laugh 'cos I went out the door, walked round my house and widdled at some point, then came in the window. And guess what I got? Yep, another cuddle :-))
I did this a few times, and then one time I stayed out for a long while and had a chat to all my little friends before I nipped back in my window and lay down on my MH's knee for a purr and a snooze.


My evening will be a normal one with me having a sleep after my dinner and then heading outside when the old dear goes to bed. My DH is in charge of me then and he lets me out when I ask him and I must admit, he is getting much better at understanding me now and I usually have only to ask him once. It has taken a long time to get him to this stage, but I have finally managed it. Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment