Monday 18 May 2015

What a Day!


I know I keep telling you that I have the bestest of days and to be honest, lots of my days are simply magic, but I think today has to be the magicest of them all----so far! I know you will be desperate to know what I did that was so special, and I shall tell you.

It started off just like a normal Monday with my DH skipping away on the boat to go to the Cat Shop and my MH running round my house with the dusters and the vacuum cleaner. It was a good day for weather, so I took myself off into my garden so that I was away from said vacuum but I could still hear when it had stopped and then I could go back in for a cuddle. I did this lots of times and while I was out, I noticed that there are lots more birdies on my little island, but I'm afraid that the pesky swallows are coming back too. Sigh :-(

Anyway, while I was watching all the little birdies, my MH arrived out to hang up the washing and I was happy to see her so I ran up the clothes pole and sat on the top while she pegged out all the clothes and she talked to me all the time she was doing that and I just sat at the top of the pole and purred.


All this was very fine, but it was after lunch that the very bestest bit of my day happened. My MH invited me on a walk with her. Well, I didn't need to be asked twice. As soon as she mentioned the word 'walkies' I was at the door patiently waiting for her to put her shoes on, but soon we were off. We wandered down our road and then down towards the little lighthouse. Did you know there are two lighthouses on my little island? A big one and a little one and I can see the little one from my living room. So, we were wandering towards the little one and I was covering miles and miles 'cos there were so many brilliant sniffs and smells for me and I was so very, very happy and my MH was happy too.


On the way back, we didn't go up our path, but we went along the road and came up the next path and that's when I had the time of my life. That field belongs to the nice farmer people next door and there is a great big pipe lying on the grass. My MH stayed on the path, but yours truly nipped through the fence and had a sniff at said pipe. I liked what I was sniffing and decided to see where it went so I climbed in and walked and walked and walked. Oh my dear friends, it was millions of miles long. It was dark and I could hardly stand up and I didn't know where I was going, but I wasn't giving up. I could hear my MH calling so I knew I wasn't too far away, but I had to keep going 'cos there wasn't enough room to turn round! So I couldn't go back, even if I wanted to, which I didn't.


My little heart was thumping but suddenly I saw a wee bit of light and the next thing I knew I was standing on the grass at the top of the field and my MH was standing on the path beside me. I had come up the whole path inside the pipe and it was BRILLIANT! I think I might do it again because it was the bestest fun I have had for a long time and I know I can do it and I know I will be safe.

I think I might be the bravest puss in the en-tire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment