Saturday 9 May 2015

Oh What a Day


The weather on my little island today was just brilliant. From the minute me and my MH got up, the sun was shining and there was no wind and no rain, so I just knew in my little bones that I was going to have a very good day, and for the most part I was right. There was just one tiny wee snag which you will discover in a second.

My MH took her breakfast sitting outside and we listened to the birdies, but there still aren't any swallows to annoy me which is just lovely. Maybe they are here and are just behaving themselves. That would be good 'cos they are lovely birdies but I just HATE when they dive bomb me--even when I am just lying on my very own path being a very good little puss. So that's not fair. Sure it's not? Anyway, me and her sat outside for a while just listening and thinking and having a wee chat and then she decided that since it was a lovely day, she would wash all the outsides of our windows especially as the front ones were all full of salt and dirt and we could hardly see the outside from inside. But they are sparkling now after the old dear played with her window machine and made them all lovely and clean. When we were outside, I asked her to take a picture of the flower pot with the 'Squeak-proof' cage on it and here it is. I have been very good and haven't tried to get in beside the flowers, but I can't promise that will last for ever. Hee hee.


We had a wander all round my garden and I am afraid my MH was a wee bit upset when she saw how long the grass was but with the mower not working, there was nothing she could do, so we just had a wander and she tooked this picture for you to show you what I can see from one bit of my garden. I can play on this pampas grass too and sometimes I hide in it and my humans can't find me. I like playing that game but I don't leave them worrying for too long 'cos I am a good puss.


The nice lady from next door came past ---not the farmer lady, but another one that visits there a lot and she said that her car had a puncture and she was going to get one of the nice farmer men from next door to fix it. Well, you should have seem my MH's lugs waggling! Boy, I thought mine could waggle good, but my dear old MH could teach me a thing or two and she told my DH to grab the farmer man when he was passing and see if he could fix the lawn mower. And guess what? He did, and he did!(My DH grabbed him--well spoke to him, and the lawn mower got fixed) I was sort of annoyed but then I saw how happy my dear old MH was and I tried to be glad for her. She was very happy as she wandered all over my garden cutting the grass and I must admit that it was lovely lying on it when it was all short and soft, so maybe I will stop complaining about it. I might as well 'cos it doesn't make any difference at all!

So, that was my day. I have had a super time 'cos I have been outside all afternoon and what has made it even better is that my humans have been outside watching me and smiling when I did funny rolls or when I ran up the clothes pole. I prefer that pole to yesterday's one, but that is just our little secret, please.


It is now resting time, but I know I am going to be out very late tonight 'cos it is still beautiful and I love being outside late when the weather is good, so I shall tell you all about it tomorrow.


I hope your day has been as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment