Wednesday 5 November 2014

Guy Fawkes


It was just a normal Wednesday all day and my DH was away to the Cat Shop while my MH was out for a while and I slept on my little bed until she came back. She didn't leave the window open for me 'cos there was a cold wind blowing and it was making my living room too cold for us, so I told her it was OK to close it and I would just rest till she comed home again to me.


She wasn't away too long and then I helped her do little bits of work, but when she was finished, she made me sit on her knee while she told me a very serious story. Now, you know I don't HAVE to be told to sit there, 'cos it is my favourite place in the en-tire world, but she had her serious face on, so I listened very carefully.

She told me all about a man called Guy Fawkes and I am afraid I don't remember all of the story but it was something about gunpowder and bonfires and it was quite interesting at the time, and I did ask her why she was telling me this 'cos I don't usually get history lessons, but then we came to the fireworks bit which DID affect me and she told me that she was going to keep me in for a while tonight 'cos there would be lots of bangs and funny noises on my little island and I might be frightened and she didn't want that.

I was quite happy with that idea as long as I could cuddle up beside her, but for a wee while we sat on my window sill and watched the big bonfire in Stromness and we could see the fireworks flying up into the air and I could hear big bangs but I wasn't frightened 'cos the old dear had explained it all to me and now, as we are telling you this story, I am all snuggled up on the couch beside her with my adorable little head on her laptop. Oh bliss!

I will be able to get out to play later on when all the bangs and bonfires and fireworks are finished and I shall be very safe and I hope you are very safe too.

No comments:

Post a Comment