Tuesday 17 December 2013

Another Excitement



Well, there was I, sitting on my window sill this morning just contemplating my little world when I saw this 'thing' wandering up and down the field in front of my house.


I must have made some kind of sound 'cos my MH came to the window to see what all the fuss was about and she told me that this was a birdie called a pheasant, so I studied it very carefully as I had never seen anything like it before.

After a wee while, I asked my MH to open the window 'cos I had decided that I might go and have a word with this birdie and tell him who was boss in this area and it was only when I got a bit closer to him that I noticed he was quite a big birdie and I was quite a wee puss compared to him. Gulp!



Now, as you all know, I am a very brave puss, but I realised I may have bitten off just a tad more than I could swallow, and I was kind if stuck. Should I continue towards him and maybe get attacked by this big lump of colourful feathers or should I admit defeat and go inside? Oh I was in such a quandary, and then it all wonderfully worked out 'cos my dear, dear MH came to the window and saw my dilemma---'cos she is very clever at seeing dilemmas, so she tells me!---- and she called my name.

I immediately stopped in my tracks and slowly, oh so slowly walked back to my window as though I was a very obedient pussy cat doing as I was told by my human while really wanting to chase this birdie away, but all the time my little brain was saying " Phew! What a narrow escape. Thank you MH." A million brownie points for yours truly.

The rest of my day has been spent in and about playing and resting and helping my MH finish our picture of the snow tiger which I hope you will like. She is very pleased with it and I think she has done a very good job.


I wonder which one she will do next. Maybe she will let me choose?

1 comment:

  1. OOooh Squeak that was a narrow - um- Squeak!! Big birdies have nasty pecky beaks as "H" can tell you!!

    ReplyDelete