Thursday 21 November 2013

Worry, worry, worry

Well, just when I think my little life is sailing along quite nicely, thank you, something happens which worries this adorable little pussy cat, and it happened yesterday.

I began to think my humans had spent all our money and we had none left! Oh woe is me! Now, I hear you asking why I was thinking that. I am a very clever pussy cat 'cos I can hear all these things even when you are not in the room with me, or even the same house, or even the same COUNTRY! I think I must be a super puss.

Anyway. Why do I think that? Well, last night we all had our dinner and were sitting down for the evening. My DH was reading his Kindle and I was on my MH's knee watching our television when 'ping' our lights went off and the television went off and my little house was in darkness and my humans didn't do anything at all to make it better and that's when I got really worried. Why was my house all dark and cold and why did my MH go to bed with her jumper on over her jammies and her socks on? I hardly slept for worrying and even when I got up this morning, they still hadn't made it better and that's when I thought maybe we were too poor to have the electric on any more. Oh the shame of it all. How would I hold my adorable little head up in front of all the mouses?

But then! Oh then. I looked out of my window and I saw a man outside my window with a bright yellow coat on. It was so bright I had to rub my little eyes and he was doing something with all the wires, so I had a wee bit of hope, but then my MH went away and left me and my DH and I got worried again.

I tried to find a warm place in my house and I curled up and worried some more, but suddenly there was another 'ping' and guess what? YES!!! All my lights and television and heating came on again. Oh I was such a happy and relieved little pussy cat. It wasn't our fault at all, it was the big bad wind that broke some of the electric cables and the nice, nice man in the bright yellow coat fixed it all up again. Phew!

My DH told me that my MH was just away swimming and she was home soon and told me she had swummed fifty lengths of the pool and now I have another wee worry. I think my MH might be part duck. So tonight when she is sleeping I am going to sneak under the covers and see if she has webbed feets! I will be able to do that 'cos she won't have her socks on tonight, I hope. I will let you know.

 I am going to have a sleep now and I just want to let you know that I am back to being a very happy, contented, warm little pussy cat, so don't worry about me.

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment