Thursday 5 September 2013

"Oh Happy Puss"


 I have been singing to my dear little self all day, but I have changed the words slightly. I wonder if you noticed?

I stayed out so late last night. I think it is the latest I have ever been out, but it was such a lovely, still evening that I didn't want to go inside until I was really, really tired.

I lay in the long grass and just listened. There are a few birdies left but mainly starlings 'cos all the bigger birdies like oyster catchers, curlews and lapwings have all gone away to another pussy cat's place but I don't know where. I shall have to ask she who knows all!

When I eventually managed to open these adorable little eyes this morning, I helped my MH feed the birdies and then we played on the grass and she chased me as usual and I ran round and round and then ran up the clothes poles. I keep hoping my MH will try this too, but so far she has shown no inclination.

Now. You would think that a woman who has gone up in a parachute and fed fishes at the bottom of the sea could run up a simple clothes pole, wouldn't you? I shall have to try and coax her.

There was only one slight cloud in my otherwise clear sky today and that was when I got de-flea'd with the stuff in that horrible green packet. I was having a snooze and just did not see it coming.

                             

I keep telling the Boss that I don't have fleas and she keeps telling me that it is because she put the stuff on me that I don't have them, so I don't think I am ever going to win this argument and may just have to give in gracefully.

Watch this (flea-less) space! Hee hee

No comments:

Post a Comment