Sunday 8 September 2013

A Sight-Seeing Trip


I have had a very good day today just enjoying myself. I like Sundays 'cos it is an easy day Chez Squeak and we all have a rest and just do what we want. My MH doesn't play with her vacuum cleaner and since the grass isn't growing too much now, she doesn't need the lawn mower either so that is good.

I went out to play in my garden and then my MH came outside to hang up her washing and between you and me, my dear friends, I was so very happy to see her 'cos I just love playing with her when she comes out and I think she likes watching me.

So, because I don't have very much news for you, I thought that you might like to see some more pictures of my lovely little island, so that's what I have asked my MH to do today and here they are.


                                         
This is Sandside Bay and behind the house where my friend S. stays is our big lighthouse. We have two lighthouses--Hoy High and Hoy Low---and this is the high one. I can see the little one from my living room window. Sometimes there are seals in the water  and my MH told me that baby seals get born down there two times a year, but I am not allowed to go to see them in case I frighten them away and I wouldn't want to do that.

This is another view and the little house you can see at the very top of the picture in where me and my humans live. It is very high up and that's why we get a lot of wind blowing 'cos we have no place to hide from it.





My MH was the teacher on our little island and the building on the right was her little school but it is closed now, 'cos she scared away all the children! Hee hee. She didn't really. They just got all growed up like me, and there were no more, so the school had to be closed and that's a shame. The other building on the left is the Schoolhouse where they lived until they bought my house and now some other people are living there and building it all up again.



This is the island of Hoy that we can see from my island and the wee boat that comes here to Graemsay, goes there as well.


I hope you enjoyed that wee trip round my island 'cos I just love being a Graemsay pussy cat

No comments:

Post a Comment