Friday 17 May 2013

Boats


I thought I would show some of the boats that I can see from my house so that you can see what I look at when I am sitting on my living room window sill.

                         

The big boat you can see in this picture is the Hamnavoe and she takes people from Stromness to Scrabster in the north of Scotland when they are going away, or as folk say in Orkney 'going Sooth'. The nice building to the right of the boat is the new Stromness primary school and my little friends from the island go there every day and the little boat you can see is the one that comes to my island every day and sometimes two or three times a day. This is called the MVGraemsay and it was built in 1996.

Before then, there was a littler boat which came just three days a week but when the new boat came there was only one pupil in my MH's school so he had to go to Stromness Primary and my MH became retired and got ready to look after me although I wasn't even thinked about then.

This is the boat that brought me to my little island and I have to go on it, in my cage, when I have to go to the v-e-t. Yeukk! It is a lovely boat and my humans like being on it. It brings all my food and all the things that my humans need to look after me---and things for them too, of course! We wouldn't be able to stay on our little island if we didn't have a boat like this and that would be an awful shame.

  

The Hamnavoe is broken just now and is away to the boat doctor but it will be back soon, but the boat in this picture is the one that brings all the things that we need in Orkney, but I don't know what it is called.


I will tell you lots more about some of the boats I can see 'cos there are lots of different ones.



This picture doesn't need any explanation!


                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment