Tuesday 4 September 2012

Intrepid Little Pussycat


That's just what I was today.

Last night, 'cos it was too windy for me to go out, I sat on my MH's knee and she told me a story about when she and my DH were on holiday in Greece before I was even a twinkle in my mummy pussy cat's eye. She went up in a big parachute tied on to the end of a speed boat and she flied through the air as high as all the birdies. She was even higher than the big lighthouse on my island! We have two lighthouses on my island---a big one and a wee one and they are called Hoy High and Hoy Low.

Anyway, I liked that story and when I was having my nap, I dreamed that I was flying as well and when I wakened up this morning and it was still blowing a gale kind of wind, I decided that I would try and fly without the parachute.

I had a good breakfast, (in case I got blowed far away!), said a wee pussy cat prayer that I would find my way home again, jumped up onto my window sill, thumped my wind chime----which you know is my signal to my humans that I need attention of some kind---and then waited for my MH to open the window.

As soon as this was done, I jumped and 'whoosh' I was gone in an instant, blowing over to the farm next door with my adorable little paws nowhere near the ground. Just as I was getting to like this, the wind took a breath and I landed on the ground again! Sigh!

Then I had to struggle round to the other side of my house where it was a bit more sheltered and when I got there, I sat on my path wondering if I should go and tell my sheeps friends what I had just done, but I decided it was too much like hard work, and when my DH opened the door, I scooted in as quick as possible and sat on my couch for a while.



It was good fun, but I think if I want to fly, I shall have to ask my MH to make me a parachute. Or maybe it will be safer just dreaming about flying 'cos if God had wanted me to fly, he would have made me a bird, wouldn't he? And I wouldn't be nearly as adorable, so I think I shall just be ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment