Thursday 23 August 2012

Drookit Puss


That's what I was in the early hours of this morning. Drookit and not happy.

For all my fans who might not know what I was, I shall explain. Drookit is an old Scottish word meaning soaking wet or drenched---even worse than wringing!--and I managed it.

I had a big sleep on my MH's knee last night and then as usual, I saw her off to bed and I snuggled up beside her till she went to sleep and then I was off, out of my living room window 'cos it was a fine night.

Unfortunately, the fine-ness didn't last and the rain came on, really, really heavy and I was quite a way from my house. I sat for a while in the long grass but I decided that the rain might not go off for a long time and my little tummy was telling me it was hungry and since it was raining, all the mouses were hiding from me, so I decided to be a brave puss and face the rain and off I went again towards my house.

It took me quite a wee while and by the time I jumped back in the window, my coat was dripping with rain and I knew it was too much for me to dry it all by myself, so---and you know what is coming, don't you?

My humans were both asleep,and I know it is useless going near my DH unless I have a big drum to bang in his lug and just right at that time, I didn't, so (again) I jumped up beside my MH and purred gently in her lug, but I was so wet that I dripped all over her face and oddly enough, she wakened up quite quickly!

Being a very clever MH ( she says!) she noticed my predicament immediately and went for a towel to dry me off and I liked that a lot, so I purred my thanks and before she could get back to bed, I was sound asleep!




Dry, cosy and content!

2 comments:

  1. Your MH is very patient with you Squeak. By the way, thank you for teaching me a new word, 'drookit'. See, now you are an adorable teacher. Also, a very sweet picture of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bonnie. My MH does have a lot of patience but she says it is easy with me 'cos she loves me sooo much. I know I am a lucky puss.
    I am glad you liked your new word. My MH has lots of them, so maybe I will be able to teach you some more.

    Lots of purrs to you and Sadie

    ReplyDelete