Sunday 29 April 2012

Betrayed!


I am in a total state of shock. So much so, that I may not be able to finish this blog. I have already finished a box of tissues-----shredding them in fits of temper!

I know you are all agog wondering what has brought on this unusual state of mind for one so placid and easy going. I shall try to tell you, but it won't be easy for me or for you.

You will remember that I did my 'don't-start-the-mower' dance yesterday which worked beautifully, and I told you all about it on my blog? WELL! My friend, or rather someone I THOUGHT was a friend--someone I run to greet when she comes into my house, someone I let pick me up and tickle my adorable little tummy---phoned my MH and offered her HER lawn mower. I was aghast and in a total state of shock.

This morning, my DH nipped away in his car and came back with the lawn mower and I was so angry that I lay down on the floor and stamped my adorable little paws on my carpet--all four of them at once, and my MH said I looked like a tiger skin lying there, and then she said in her 'I'm-getting-annoyed-now,-Squeak' voice "if you don't move you could end up like a tiger skin!" So I moved.

Then I had a cracking idea. I would stage a sit-in and I went and sat right in front of the lawn mower and waited. So out came the humans and they both smiled when they saw me, but then they noticed the steely determination in my adorable little eyes and knew I meant business.




Unfortunately, there was steely determination in my MH's eyes as well and I was told in no uncertain terms that unless I moved pretty quickly, I would be lawn-mowered. So I moved!

I sat on the bench and watched as she pushed the mower round the garden, and every now and then, the old dear needed a rest and she came and sat beside me and tickled me, so I wasn't totally ignored, and to be honest, my grass looks lovely now and feels good to play on, but I'm not telling THEM that!

Whether I can forgive my 'friend' is still another matter. I shall have to give it some serious consideration.

2 comments:

  1. But, dear Squeak, I was just thinking of YOU when I loaned the mower to your MH. If the grass is long and wet then your paws AND your adorable ickle tummy will get wet too, and it might reach right up to your ears. I am assured by Princess Button that wet ears are to be avoided at all times. So you see - I just had your best interests at heart! Plus you must get SOME entertainment from watching your MH & DH huffing and puffing around too.....tee hee....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm! I'm coming round, but still not totally convinced. Maybe a few hours of grovelling and tickling and fussing might make me relent.

    ReplyDelete