Monday 18 October 2010

A Wii Bit of Bother





I was in BIG trouble this afternoon, and I am sure it's due to the fact that I can run fast, that I am not already Squeak stew! Oh the Boss was NOT happy!

Picture the scene! She has been playing tennis on the Wii for quite a while and it is a good game. The scores are two sets each and my MH is leading in the final set and it is 40 all and advantage to herself. I am having my afternoon siesta (you can tell I am multi lingual!) and am snoozing away quite happily on my couch.

She is just about to hit the winning shot and yours truly decides to see what all the commotion is about, and so I jump up in front of my TV and she misses the perfect (according to her) shot and then goes on to lose the game. My was she livid! I am sure I could see the stew pot and the carving knife looming in her brain, so I had to think fast.

I put on my very best 'I am very sorry MH' look and made a couple of really plaintiff squeaks, and as usual, she melted and all was forgiven. (I do know which buttons to push!)

But it was a close encounter just the same, and I think I might stay clear of the Wii for a while--maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment