Wednesday 2 June 2010

Windy, windy, windy!

It is a bit breezy today and I am finding it hard to get out 'cos the wind is at both side of my house. When it is blowing from the North, I can go out the door, but when it is coming from the South, I nip in and out of the window, but today the wind is everywhere and I am frightened I get blowed away!

I am still quite little and I got weighed yesterday and I am still the same weight. I am eating lots and lots, but I am running about an awful lot, even when I am in my house 'cos I can chase all over the place and my humans can't catch me so I am getting plenty of exercise.

I need to be very careful if I go out when it is windy 'cos my MH said that if the wind takes me away, I could land in Stromness, in Hoy, or if it was a very strong wind, I could even land in Canada. That does appeal to me, but I would need to know if the wind could blow me back again. Maybe there could be a cat in the new 'Wizard of Oz' ?

Here is the next chapter of my story:

Chapter 7

Squeak hardly slept at all that night because she was SO excited and was desperate for morning to come. The previous day, Diggory had told them that his humans had some friends coming to visit, and they were bringing their horse with them.

Squeak had asked Diggory what a horse was because she had never seen one, but even after he had explained what it looked like, she still couldn't imagine it, and so she was up very early to see this strange new animal arriving.
She gulped down her breakfast and sped as fast as her wee legs could take her, across to the jungle where she met Sammy and Henry.
"Is the boat in yet?" she asked, and Sammy assured her that it had just arrived, so the three friends wandered over to the end of the road where they would get a good view of the new arrival, and after a few minutes wait, there it was. A horse! A jet black horse with a beautiful black tail and a lovely flowing black mane. Squeak thought she had never seen anything quite so beautiful, but it was SO big, she was a little bit afraid.

As the horse's owner took it into the field, Diggory ran over to his friends and said
"The horse's name is Midnight, and we will be in the field tonight if you want to come and meet her. If you want to come Henry, I will cone for you and carry you again."
"Oh yes please", yelled Squeak and Henry, and Sammy squawked his approval too.

The day went very, very slowly for Squeak and still she couldn't sleep. She just kept watching the clock until it was time for Diggory to come to the jungle and take them to the field which was quite a long way off. Finally, he arived, and Henry was carefully lifted onto his back and off they all went to meet this magnificent animal.

When they reached the field, Diggory bounded up to Midnight and introduced his friends.
"These are my adorable companions" he said. "They have been very kind to me even when I was dreadfully bad mannered and frightened them terribly. This is Sammy Seagull, Henry Hedgehog and Squeak the cat." The three animals nodded and smiled at Midnight, but they were all a bit nervous.
"I am delighted to meet you all at last" said Midnight. "Diggory has told me so much about you and I am very glad you are all such good friends. Would you mind if I played with you too while I am here?"
"That would be awesome" said Squeak and Henry just laughed.

The group of five played for a long time in the field, running and chasing one another, and while Henry and Squeak watched in amazement, Diggory, Midnight and Sammy raced one another to see who was the fastest. Sammy usually won, with Midnight coming second, but even when he lost, Diggory didn't mind and just smiled at his friends who were all having just a fantastic time.

All too soon it was time to go home as it was beginning to get dark and so Sammy deposited Henry on Diggory's back and they all set off with Midnight joining them this time. After some time, Squeak began to feel very, very tired and her little legs were getting slower and slower and she was afraid she might get left behind. But, as ever, Sammy Seagull was watching over her and he asked Diggory to stop for a while so that Squeak could rest.
"I am just a wee bit tired" said Squeak, "but I'll be OK soon." Midnight came trotting over beside her and said "If I kneel down, you could hop up onto my back and I will carry you, Squeak--if you would like that?"
"Oh yes, please, Midnight. That would be----"
"AWESOME!" chorused the other four.

All too soon the journey was over and when she got down, Squeak thanked Midnight and said that she had had the best day of her en-tire life. She couldn't wait to get home to tell her humans all about it, but they just might think she had been dreaming.
"Boy. What a FANTASTIC day" thought Squeak as she curled up on her couch and fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment