Sunday 27 June 2010

----and Oyster Catchers!



This WAS my own fault, I have to admit. It was a beautiful night and my MH took me out into the garden 'cos she wanted to take a photo of the big, beautiful full moon, so we were at the side of the house where the oyster catchers have their nest, and there were three baby oyster catcher birdies running about.

SO! And you all know what is coming, don't you? While herself was playing with her camera and the moon, I noticed one of the baby birdies and decided to say hello, and so that I wouldn't frighten it, I assumed the 'crouch' position and sidled up towards it.

Well!! The mummy bird saw what I was doing and to say that she wasn't best pleased is definitely the understatement of the year, and she flew at me squawking and screeching until my MH came to see what I was up to, and then SHE stared squawking and screeching too! What a racket, and all I wanted to do was say hello to a wee baby oyster catcher.

So, picture the scene. Me, on the ground on my little (adorable) tummy, the mummy oyster catcher flying just above my head and my MH coming to my rescue, then the mummy bird has a go at her too and she WAS being good! So the outcome was that my MH explained to the mummy bird that she was taking me inside my house and she would tell me not to disturb the baby birds, and the birdy cheeped 'OK' and flied away.

I think I have learned another lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment