Friday 7 May 2010

Warm, warm, warm!




It is a lovely day and I have been outside all the time just playing and hunting and sniffing all the fantabulous smells in my jungle. My humans leave the door open for me, so I can nip in for a wee feed and a wee drink and then I nip straight back out again, so today life is very good.


There are lots more birds in the jungle and some are making nests in the old buildings, so I watch then and I listen to all the noises they make, but I wouldn't hurt them 'cos my mummy human (MH) said that wouldn't be a nice thing to do, and as you know, I am a good pussy cat---and adorable, of course!


I can hear the starlings all chirping and getting ready for baby starlings and I even saw two swallows yesterday, and in the field in front of my house, two oyster catchers are making their nest too and sometimes they squawk at me, so I generally stay away from them 'cos I don't want to frighten them.


So because I don't have anything too exciting to tell you, I will give you chapter 3 of my story.

Chapter 3

The next day, Henry Hedgehog, Sammy Seagull and Squeak all met up in the jungle for a picnic because it was a lovely day and the three friends wanted to spend some time together in the good weather.

Squeak had taken out one of her kitten chews and Sammy had some lovely crusts to nibble on while Henry was munching away at a few tasty leaves.
They were enjoying the weather and the fact that they could play together whenever they wanted and all was well in their world.

Sammy began to feel a bit on edge as he felt something wasn't quite right and he signalled for the other two to be quiet for a wee while. Suddenly the peace and quiet of the jungle was shattered as a huge brown and white dog came bounding through the grass barking furiously at the three wee animals.
Well, as quick as a flash of lightening, all three moved, but in different directions, at the same time. Henry just curled himself into a tight ball and lay very, very still. Sammy flew up onto the roof of Squeak's greenhouse and Squeak scurried up a steep ramp to the top of one of the old ruined out-buildings and stood there looking down at this very angry dog who was jumping and snarling and barking. What a noise!


The dog didn't even look at Sammy and knew he couldn't go near Henry, so he kept all his bad temper for Squeak who was beginning to feel quite shaky on the top of her narrow perch, and she knew there was no place for her to go, but she tried not to show that she was nervous and hissed back at the dog.


Sammy Seagull looked at his little friend and knew she was in trouble, so he cleared his throat and flew at the dog as fast as his wings could carry him, and he squawked as loudly as he could just above the head of the dog. He kept swooping at him and then flying away again in a circle and he did this many, many times before the dog finally got tired of this, and started to walk away still growling angrily.

Squeak breathed a huge sigh of relief, but Sammy squawked at her to stay where she was until he told her to move, and he followed the dog for a wee while until the coast was clear, then he returned to his friends.

By the time he reached them, Henry had unfurled himself and was watching Squeak who was still perched on the narrow ledge, but as soon as Sammy returned she jumped down and landed with a soft 'plop' beside Henry.

'Wow' she said, 'that was scary. Thank you Sammy for chasing him away, but I wasn't too scared you know 'cos I am a very brave puss cat. And did you see how quickly I climbed that ramp? Woosh! I went as quick as anything!'

Sammy and Henry just nodded at her and as Squeak headed off home with her tail held very high, they both just smiled.

'I wonder if my humans could paint 'go faster' stripes on me' thought Squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment