Saturday 1 May 2010

Saturday Again


Today has been busy, busy, busy. My humans have been doing lots of work and I have been out playing and exploring. My MH has been baking cakes and things for their tea and my DH has been working in his greenhouse. Actually, he had to mend my snooker box, because I jumped on it from a great height and sort of flattened it a wee bit, so he has reinforced it for me, and all is well again.


It is still quite windy and cold, but I have been out nearly all morning and after I finish writing this I will need to have a little nap, so that I will be able to go out on an evening adventure before bed time. It is staying light much longer now, so I can stay out later and later and in this way I get to meet all the wee creatures in my jungle.


Here is the first part of my story.


Chapter 1

Squeak was feeling very restless. Everyone had gone out and she had finished reading her 'Feline Fortnightly' so she decided to get some fresh air and some exercise. She nipped out of the window and headed for the spaces which had become her own personal jungle.


As she bounded through the long grass she heard Sammy seagull calling to her. The two had become firm friends at the bird table when Squeak offered Sammy some of her favourite biscuits and that was the start of a beautiful friendship. They had become inseparable and played together whenever they could.


Squeak was hoping that Sammy might teach her to fly but she hadn't asked him yet. That would come later.


They had been playing for a long time and Squeak was just about to leap off a very high fence post, when suddenly Sammy started squawking and flapping his wings angrily.

Squeak stood very, very still hardly daring to breathe, with just the very tip of her tail swishing to and fro ..................


No comments:

Post a Comment