Thursday 13 May 2010

All Alone


I was left alone today for a wee while as my humans had to go away in the wee boat but they left me plenty food and lots of water and since the weather was good, they left the window open and I was able to go out and play whenever I wanted.


So you can see that I was OK, but I was just a wee bit lonely 'cos I had nobody to play with and nobody to tickle my wee tummy, but as soon as they came home I got everything I wanted.



Because I don't have a lot of news today, I will give you chapter 4 of my story.




Chapter 4


Squeak and her friends didn't meet up for a couple of days as they were still thinking about their narrow escape a few days earlier and had decided to stay away from their meeting place in case the nasty dog came back again.


However, they decided that it was safe now and all three headed to their secret place and told one another what they had been doing.


Henry Hedgehog told them he had been racing round the garden gathering up food as he was hoping to meet a lady hedgehog soon and so he would need lots of nice things for her to eat. Sammy had been flying all over the island and he too had been looking for food. He had found a field of fruit bushes and had gone there every day for his dinner. He had also been playing flying games with his friends and according to him, he always won. Squeak told them that she had been practicing on her climbing frame and had been chasing her toys all over the house and she was going to be the fastest and bravest hunter in the whole world. Sammy and Henry just smiled when they heard this because they were older and much wiser than this baby pussy cat.


Just as they were relaxing and enjoying each others company, they heard something coming through the grass and WHOOSH! they scattered once again. Sammy flew up on to the roof, Henry rolled into a ball and Squeak scampered up a ramp to a ledge where she had more room this time.


Then a large brown dog appeared in the jungle but this time he wasn't barking and snarling. In fact he looked quite sheepish, which was funny because he was a sheep dog!


"Good afternoon everyone" he said in a quiet, very polite voice. "I have come to apologise for my most dreadful behaviour previously. I cannot imagine how much distress I may have caused you, especially you, little pussy cat. I am most dreadfully sorry."


Squeak was flabbergasted. Sammy stopped squawking, but Henry stayed rolled up---just in case.


"Why did you frighten us?" asked Squeak, but added very quickly "Not that I was scared!"


"Ah" said the dog. "I was supposed to be working but I had hurt my paw and had to stay home and I was in a VERY bad mood and angry with everyone, and you all looked so happy together. I cannot apologise enough and can assure you that this will never happen again. Good day to you."


The three friends were stunned but Squeak spoke up. "Thank you doggy. I am sorry you had a sore paw. May name is Squeak and I am adorable. The seagull on the roof is Sammy and the pin cushion at your feet is Henry. What is your name?"


"Enchanted to meet you, dear Squeak. My name is Diggory. Perhaps we may meet again."

And off he went leaving the kitten, the hedgehog and the seagull absolutely amazed.


"Is he for real?" they were all wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment