Tuesday 20 April 2010

New Tricks


Today has been an inside day 'cos there is a very strong wind outside which might blow me away and there has been rain and hail and I am definitely not ready to be rained and hailed upon, so I have been in my house playing with all my toys and chasing my tail until I got so dizzy I fell off my couch.


I had a big long sleep last night in my basket which my MH calls my 'wee hoose' because, after all my excitement and exercise outside, I was very tired, and my wee hoose is lovely and cosy and I can snuggle up and sleep as long as I like.


Unfortunately, this means when it is time for my humans to go to sleep, yours truly is wide awake and looking for some fun, but they always play with me for a while and then I go to the bedroom with my MH and attack her feets when she is in bed. I still love doing that, and my leaps are getting bigger, and according to her, my little teeth are getting sharper.


But I have a new trick and it is wonderful. I go into my bathroom and if I stand in the wash hand basin I can hit the shower pull switch and it makes a lovely 'click' sound off the wall and I have the patience to do this over and over and over again and finally this wakens my MH, but as I have told you before, my DH doesn't hear anything when he is sleeping. I am sure if a big helichopter landed beside him on his bed, he still wouldn't waken!


On the other hand, my MH can hear a pin drop. Mind you, it was in a vase that I knocked over! Oops! That did make her jump.


If you look at the picture today, you can see that my bathroom light switch is made up of a lot of little wooden wheels. Well, once I had finished playing with the shower switch, I thought I would try the same thing with the light handle, but my judgement wasn't quite right and my wee legs weren't long enough, so when I stretched out to hit said switch, I missed, lost my balance, fell out of the wash hand basin and landed on the floor with a bit of a thud, which again wakened her indoors, but this time she just laughed and laughed, although I think it is called hysteria!! When my wee paws are bigger, I shall be able to give both switches a good 'clunk' and maybe make a wee tune for her.


I'm sure she'll like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment