Friday 23 April 2010

More Exploring


Every time I go outside, I travel a wee bit further away from my house and my humans have been letting me go on my own for a wee while and then they come and get me, but by that time I am tired anyway.


There is a great big field opposite my house and sometimes there are sheeps and cows in it, but just now it is empty, so I have been going there and getting to know all the smells and everything, and I can search for hours and hours and still not be too far away from my house and my dinner!


The last time I was in this field, I met two oyster catchers but they wouldn't let me play with them and kept squawking at me 'cos they didn't know I wasn't going to hurt them, so I just sat there and watched them for a wee while. They were busy building a nest and I think I made them nervous 'cos they kept watching me, so eventually I decided to give them peace and toddled away and looked for some mouses, but they must have been hiding 'cos I didn't see any.


When I got home, I noticed that my DH had brought home the messages from the pier and when my MH put them all away I discovered an empty box, so I decided that it was my newest toy, and I spent the rest of the afternoon jumping in and out of this brilliant box. I even pretended to be a pirate and that the box was my ship, and I was the captain--naturally!


I had good fun and every time I get a box, I will have a different adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Squeak - you are a very busy pussy cat. Although we have never met I hear from my person that you are still very young. I am glad that you are practising your hunting skills but I fear you are neglecting a very important area in your life - that of sleeping. We pussy-cats need a lot of sleep you know - at least 19 hours a day, with a brief alert period when we make sure our people feed us. I suggest you begin practising this important skill. Though do make sure your awake period coincides with your people's otherwise you could find yourself exiled to The Big Shed.... and that would never do..... your friend and mentor, Button

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again friend and mentor. Thank you for those pearls of wisdom.
    I do sleep quite a lot, but you must understand that I have a whole big world to explore and I can't spend too much time cat napping.
    I have little power naps, but as soon as there is something on the go like a door opening or the dreaded Wii coming out, then I am there. I need to learn, and remember dear Button, you are just a tad longer in the whiskers than I, so maybe YOU need more sleep, but I'm doing fine, thank you.
    Yours in appreciation, (Adorable) Squeak.

    ReplyDelete