Thursday 1 April 2010

Hobbies


Apart from all my educational work, I do take some time out to pursue relaxing pastimes and so far all of these have been undertaken indoors.

I have been out in the big, wide world just once, and to be honest I didn't like it at all. My humans carried me out to the garden, but I must admit to a little apprehension on my part and when my mummy human put me down on the grass, I took off and was back on my couch before she could straighten up again! In my defence, in case you think I am a scardey cat, it was blowing a gale at the time, and as I am just little, I didn't want to get blowed away.

I nearly went out one other time and this time I took the air for a wee while longer. As my devoted readers know, I love sitting on the window-sill and so my humans opened the window for me. I gingerly stepped out and sat on the outside window-sill and sniffed the air. This was lovely, and I was feeling quite brave until the cows next door started to shout and I got a fright and ran indoors again. Okay---how was I to know it was their feeding time and they couldn't see me? I thought this was the noise of huge mouses, and I was taking NO chances!

And so my indoor hobbies include refining my martial arts skills, sprinting from room to room usually at breakneck speed, perfecting my high jumps--on the table, on the shelves and on to the backs of chairs, but I am also learning to go the computer and today's picture shows me and my mummy human doing our lessons.

After all this excitement and exertion, I usually climb up on a knee and have a wee nap, and that's what I need to do now, so bye, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment