Tuesday 27 April 2010

Birdies


I have been doing lots of different things today and these have kept me very busy, but I am a very happy little puss cat because my education is continuing and I am learning something new every day.


It was just me and DH at home today because my MH was away shopping in Kirkwall, so I decided to help my DH in his greenhouse. I hadn't been in it much, so I had a good sniff around the place and then I helped him put some seed in lots of little pots. We left the door open, so I was able to nip in and out whenever I felt like it, so I did this quite a lot, and then I would go back in and see how he was getting on.


After my dinner at night when my MH was home again, she opened the living room window so that I could go out and play whenever I wanted to. Well! I was sitting on the window sill just thinking about where I would go, when suddenly this great big seagull arrived at the bird feeder. It was HUGE, so I didn't move a muscle and just sat there and watched it 'cos it was much bigger than me, and I was taking no chances at all. I did not want to become Mr. Seagull's pudding!


Eventually, after I had growled a wee bit at him---although I did this very quietly in case he heard me---he flied away and I was free to go a-wandering. Then, just as I was stretching my little legs, some starlings arrived at the bird table, and this time it was different because they were much littler and so I practised my stalking technique. I hid in the plants and waggled my tail as I edged ever closer to these unsuspecting birds. I wasn't going to hurt them but I needed to see if I could creep up on them. And guess what? I couldn't! I got so far and then they saw me and flew away, but it was good fun at the time.


More practice needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment